A story about a crossdressing male prostitute in the Edo period.
Some explanation on the words used:
- Yoshiwara Yuukaku (吉原遊郭) - A yuukaku, an area for brothels appointed by the Edo Bakufu.
- Oiran (花魁) - A high-ranking girl at Yoshiwara Yuukaku.
- Takao Dayuu (高尾太夫) - Name given to the top girl at Yoshiwara Yuukaku.
- Tayuu (太夫) - The highest rank of prostitute.
- Oshoku (御職) - A high-ranking girl of a brothel.
- Nishiki-e (錦絵) - A type of ukiyo-e woodblock print.
- Hanare (離れ) - A building that is detached from the main building of your house.