Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Monday, June 20, 2016
There's 5 minutes left of the 24-hour Le Mans endurance race and Toyota leads Porsche by 30 seconds...Everyone's happy...
Then suddenly, driving through the straight, driver Kazuki Nakajima cries from within the cockpit, "no power!"
His car slows to a crawl, and when reaching the home straight it stops. The car is disqualified from not completing enough laps.
TOYOTA: No Power of Dreams.
Saturday, June 18, 2016
From Angry Fox Scans: It's autumn and things are supposed to be quiet, but when did it ever got quiet around Kazuto? It’s the school festival season and everybody seems to be in high spirits. What kind of mishap will Kazuto find himself this time? Read it to find out!
Friday, June 17, 2016
Thursday, June 16, 2016
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Completed. The last 2 chapters are about a newlywed couple and a sister-in-law.
Sunday, June 12, 2016
Saturday, June 11, 2016
You can spend tax money on personal items (including manga books lol) and holidays and you won't get fired.
You just have to keep making excuses when being questioned.
Also you get a nice bonus when your term is up.
Monday, June 6, 2016
On August 4th 2011 (same year as the Fukushima Accident), Tokai Television aired a highly inappropriate slide during a shopping show:
Summer Holiday Giveaway
Iwate-produced Hitomebore Rice 10kg winners:
Video is here. The slide was apparently supposed to be used only for testing (which is bad enough). They later hand-wrote the panel:
This was aired exactly when the radioactive fallout was a public concern. It caused major outcry from viewers and rice farmers. The person responsible was fired.
Wikipedia article (Japanese)
See my original article here. I talk about the tough work environment of the animation industry.
Did you know that Japan's animation industry is in trouble?
- The average income of an animator in their 20s is 90,000 yen (approx. US$900) per month.
- Depending on the work output, a new employee's income can be as low as 30,000 yen.
- 90% of them quit in the first 3 years.
- Poverty and illness causes 90% to quit their job within 3 years.
- Japan's anime industry is in trouble.
- New talent isn't t being brought up.
- Techniques aren't being passed on to a new generation.
- Animation quality decreases.
- Japan's anime culture falls apart.
- Average annual incomes:
- Rookie animator (20-24 years old): 11,130 yen.
- Lead animator: 28,170 yen.
- Producer: 309,20 yen.
- Director: 64,860 yen.
- Average annual income outside anime industry (20-24 years old): 24,800 yen.
Pyramid of annual incomes in the anime industry:
- Lead animation director: 584,00 yen.
- Animation director: 39,300 yen.
- Lead animator: 28,200 yen.
- Animator: 11,100 yen.