I have now played about 40 hours and reached the 14th chapter in the main quest, reaching about level 80.
- The best main character is Zeroken (one with grey hair doing the kung-fu kick). He is a speed/fist fighter similar to Axel/Akutare from Disgaea 4 with a special ability allowing him to create 4 copies of himself.
- The story is quite serious compared to the previous game involving murders and seeking vengeance. The art style sort of clashes with it.
- There are a lot of new features in the Item World: like new units (e.g. hard to kill ones which grants bonuses), random unit drops, etc.
- New Chara World: it is now easy to enter the Chara World - inside is like a dice-driven board game where you move through the map according to the value on the dice. It gets pretty boring after a while.
- New "anger" feature: units have a new meter, when fills up give them the opportunity to perform a special command like super attacks and special area effects. Killing enemies in this state earns you a special item.
- They got rid of the annoying/confusing map thing where you assign teams and replaced it with a menu.
- Curries have replaced sardines. They can also be made at the curry shop (you can mix your items together to make custom curries with special effects).
- Seems like there is less emphasis on geo panels. Many maps have none.
- You can now send unused units on exploration missions - coming back with items and prisoners, gaining levels (good feature).